httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Acknowledgements
Date Wed, 16 Dec 1998 15:42:37 GMT
Ben Hyde wrote:
> Yes, names on the code can create an excuse not to dive in and take a
> wack at things.  But they are not the principle cause of this problem,
> the principle cause is that bundle of fears.  In my opinion they are a
> useful tool, a reward if you will, in overcoming that fear.

Seems to me that what you say is largely true, but either everyone does
it, or no-one should. Since the tradition in AG has been to _not_ flag
every change in the code but to flag them in CHANGES instead (with
attribution) it doesn't seem right or sensible to suddenly start doing
it differently now.

Also, attribution in CHANGES gets you the best of both worlds - rewards
without territorial marking...

Cheers,

Ben.