httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Grisha Trubetskoy <gri...@verio.net>
Subject LinuxThreads
Date Sat, 12 Dec 1998 19:44:07 GMT

I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this question - any pointers
to a more appropriate discussion space would be appreciated.

I have developed a module that embeds Python within httpd (a la
mod_perl). On Linux, the process freezes (gdb will report something
about SIGUSR1 received) when a Python script attempts to create a new
thread, but everything works OK on Solaris.

I suspect it has something to do with LinuxThreads and Apache having
some sort of a conflict over SIGUSR1 because LinuxThreads uses SIGUSR1
for internal purposes, which is mentioned in the LT FAQ
http://pauillac.inria.fr/~xleroy/linuxthreads/faq.html

My question is - does this sound like I identified the problem
correctly, is this a known limitation of Apache on Linux and are there
ways to get around this?

Thanks a lot for any comments,

Grisha Trubetskoy