httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <redd...@ibm.net>
Subject Re: (unix) threading and caching default handler
Date Thu, 10 Dec 1998 16:08:36 GMT
Chris Mason wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This is a feeler to see who's working on similar tasks, and who might be
> interested on some recent change's I've made to apache 1.3.3.

> I'd like to multithread v1.3.3.  Is there anyone currently working on this
> and willing to share?  If not, anyone interested in helping/testing/porting?
> I read that it is planned for v2.0, but wasn't sure what the time frame was.

A couple of us at IBM are working on a pthreads port of Apache 1.3.4-dev.
(inspired by Dean's earlier pthreads work).  We will release the code in early
January (I'd like to get it serving pages first :-).  Maybe we can use the
pthreads port as a base for developing an Apache Portable Runtime (APR) layer.

Bill Stoddard
stoddard@raleigh.ibm.com