httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Harrie Hazewinkel <harrie.hazewin...@jrc.it>
Subject Re: fix for status bug
Date Tue, 01 Dec 1998 18:07:31 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:
[snip]

> > It is my understanding that the configuration files
> > are only read by a 'start' and 'restart'.
>
> Or on a graceful restart... there's essentially nothing you can't change
> in a graceful restart (although I think there may be a bug or two, but
> it's been a while since I tried doing weird things over a graceful).

Yes, even with a graceful restart the configuration-files
are read again. This is included in the documentation.

In that case the numbering is bogus, until a new
child has rewritten that number.

 mailto:harrie.hazewinkel@jrc.it       phone:+39+0332786322
 http://operations.ceo.org/~harrie/      fax:+39+0332785641
 postal: JRC of the E.C.  -       -  Ispra 21020 (VA) Italy