httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Harrie Hazewinkel <harrie.hazewin...@jrc.it>
Subject Re: fix for status bug
Date Tue, 01 Dec 1998 17:26:21 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> There's no guarantee across resets that such numbers will remain valid...
> consider the case of adding/deleting vhosts.  All you've done is replaced
> a bogus pointer with a bogus integer.

I am not sure here, but correct me if I am wrong.

It is my understanding that the configuration files
are only read by a 'start' and 'restart'.

If my understanding is correct, one can only add or delete
a vhost and since also the scoreboard is completely cleaned
up there is no problem. In case of the 'graceful restart'
it is not possible to add or delete vhosts and the numbering
scheme is still valid.

If I am wrong, I agree my patch does not fix anything.

 mailto:harrie.hazewinkel@jrc.it       phone:+39+0332786322
 http://operations.ceo.org/~harrie/      fax:+39+0332785641
 postal: JRC of the E.C.  -       -  Ispra 21020 (VA) Italy