httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Rasins <sa...@dns.omniport.net>
Subject Re: FW: general/3563: I want to allow the definition and use of macros within runtime configuration files.
Date Fri, 25 Dec 1998 20:47:12 GMT
> On Thu, 24 Dec 1998, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 23 Dec 1998, Fabien COELHO wrote:
> >
> > >  - Limited tests and options with <IfDefine > </IfDefine> (Else?)
> > >    * this solve optionnal settings.
> > >    . other small features may help, such as "Warning" or "Error".
> >
> > Yes, a poorly designed feature that a few of us complained about and
> > were ignored.
>
> As the one who committed this, I now agree that it was ill-advised.  I
> would support a re-evaluation of its usefulness.  Anoyone out there using
> it?
>
> 	Brian

Yes, I use it on my test machine so that I can use the same .conf weather
I have a module compiled in or out (with limits of course :)  When I actually
USE the module in a production machine, I remove the <IfDefine> section since
I *know* what I am running.

Thanks for asking!

Merry Christmas,
Sambo	P-)
<Sambo@Caribe-Enterprises.com>

As long as the answer is right, who cares if the question is wrong?

{NOTE: The [random] quote above was provided via the 'fortune' program.}