httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Rasins <sa...@dns.omniport.net>
Subject Re: FW: general/3563: I want to allow the definition and use
Date Wed, 23 Dec 1998 02:10:22 GMT
Jim & all,

> No matter what, I don't want Fabien to get pissed off with all the
> negative comments and the comments such as "I don't care if it's
> useful for you. It's not useful for me, so that means you are an idiot"
> and not maintain his mod_macro package. To be an "Officially Included
> Module" in the Apache distribution requires some serious need and
> desire from the community, so it might be premature for it right now.
> But I definately think Fabien should make sure that it's in the Apache
> Module Registry, and maybe it will prove to be popular enough that it
> gets added. It's happened before.

Fabien's mod_macro *is* listed in the http://modules.apache.org/ site ...
with an update stamp of December 15, 1998.  I visited Fabien's site and
was impressed!  This is EXACTLY the kind of functionality I wish I had
at least 2 years ago.  I will be implementing it once I build my next
server.  It will be MUCH easier to keep up with the virtual domains.

Someone on the list said that any admin should already know how to write
Perl ... I have enough to keep up with to learn another (fully) at this
point.  I am learning Perl bit by bit as time allows and need should arise,
but I have been able to get by just fine without mastering it for 15 years
now (as an admin, designer, integrator and now web-host).

Thank you, Fabien, for the module ... seriously consider Martin's request
that you place it under the Apache License.

Merry Christmas all ...
Sambo	P-)
<Sambo@Caribe-Enterprises.com>

[War] is instinctive.  But the instinct can be fought.  We're human
beings with the blood of a million savage years on our hands!  But we
can stop it.  We can admit that we're killers ... but we're not going
to kill today.  That's all it takes!  Knowing that we're not going to
kill today!
		-- Kirk, "A Taste of Armageddon", stardate 3193.0

{NOTE: The [random] quote above was provided via the 'fortune' program.}