httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Configure vs. configure: Please read
Date Wed, 02 Dec 1998 21:01:55 GMT
Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> Some acknowledgements are fine, I think. This way one knows who to blame or
> credit. We have lot of them in the source tree, not only in the scripts.  So,
> I personally would keep them...

My concerns are that it tends to imply some sort of "ownership"; that
when code is changed in it, it could be taken as stepping on someone's
toes; that there comes a point where so much is changed/added by others
that it's no longer valid, which means that someone has the touchy
situation of changing someone else's acknowledgement; maybe it's
out of place in a group environment.

Besides, that's what CHANGES is for ;)

Cheers.