httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: Configure vs. configure: Please read
Date Wed, 02 Dec 1998 01:11:51 GMT
Randy Terbush wrote:
> Personal issues:
>  * It is not that important to me that Configure creates a toplevel
>    Makefile.
>  * I don't have time to do this if there is not support to commit it.
> If I get 3 quick +1s on this, I'll start working tonight.

Count on me to help with the V7 compatibility stuff and to help
to "even out" the code style changes between the 2. I would suggest,
with no real footing, that if both Configure and configure have code
that does the same thing, that maybe the Configure way be used, but who knows.
I have a feeling that more people may be using Configure over configure,
if only because of documentation issues (both in Apache and external
   Jim Jagielski   |||   |||