httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Douglass <>
Subject Re: mod_rewrite and NDBM
Date Wed, 02 Dec 1998 01:17:37 GMT

Ahah!!  Stupid -lgdbm being compile in for mod_perl stuff... and gdbm is
obviously not playing nice and doing it's backward compatibility stuff.
Reading the gdbm man page seems like they only half-assed the compatibility.

Anyway; since I'm on Solaris and my NDBM functions are part of my libc;
having libgdbm.a statically linked into my binary was causing problems
in that it would not read the NDBM created DBM files like it was
suppose to.  :(

I've temporarily solved the problem by renaming my libgdbm.a to _libgdbm.a
and recompiling my apache process.  DBM lookups are suddenly working once
more as libgdbm did not get statically linked in.

Michael Douglass
Texas Networking, Inc.

  Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable for a feature.
    -- from some indian guy

View raw message