httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Douglass <miked...@staff.texas.net>
Subject Re: mod_rewrite and NDBM
Date Wed, 02 Dec 1998 01:17:37 GMT

Ahah!!  Stupid -lgdbm being compile in for mod_perl stuff... and gdbm is
obviously not playing nice and doing it's backward compatibility stuff.
Reading the gdbm man page seems like they only half-assed the compatibility.

Anyway; since I'm on Solaris and my NDBM functions are part of my libc;
having libgdbm.a statically linked into my binary was causing problems
in that it would not read the NDBM created DBM files like it was
suppose to.  :(

I've temporarily solved the problem by renaming my libgdbm.a to _libgdbm.a
and recompiling my apache process.  DBM lookups are suddenly working once
more as libgdbm did not get statically linked in.

--
Michael Douglass
Texas Networking, Inc.

  Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable for a feature.
    -- from some indian guy