httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Douglass <miked...@staff.texas.net>
Subject mod_rewrite and NDBM
Date Wed, 02 Dec 1998 00:29:23 GMT
Okay; we've pretty much solved the IE4 problem by having the "Vary:" header
not get sent to the browser.  Seems to work fairly well now.

I am, however, not having much luck getting mod_rewrite to do the DBM
lookups correctly.  I have gone through every library and every possible
road to figure out if somehow apache is using different DBM functions
than the ones found in libc (Solaris 2.6).

I've trussed the running apache process and I see it open the .pag
file and read from it; yet mod_rewrite doesn't find the information
it is looking for.

Looking at the mod_rewrite code from 1.3.3 everything looks fine in
the lookup_map_dbmfile with the exception that I cannot figure out
*why* this piece of code is as it is:

    dbmkey.dsize = (strlen(key) < sizeof(buf) - 1 ?
                    strlen(key) : sizeof(buf)-1);

The size of the key to the size of 'buf' should have no relationship
to the size we tell the dbm module our key is.  'buf' is used to copy
the string returned from 'fetch'; not the 'key'.  I don't think that
those lines of code would rarily be of any problem as the strlen
of the key in a dbm file is probably almost *ALWAYS* going to be
less than the size of MAX_STRING_LEN-1 (8191).

Anyone have any stangeness getting dbm maps to work?

--
Michael Douglass
Texas Networking, Inc.

  Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable for a feature.
    -- from some indian guy