httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@Covalent.NET>
Subject Re: Contribution: SuEXEC Options
Date Sat, 14 Nov 1998 17:33:14 GMT

Just to voice my concerns about suExec...

suExec was intended to be hard to set up and great pains were taken to
make the wrapper as simple as possible. This was largely because Jason
and I did not want our names implicated on a weekly CERT advisory
along with Apache. I would urge people to give some thought to an API
for this wrapper and allow other folks to go off and add security
holes to their own wrapper projects until their hearts content.

-Randy