httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rasmus Lerdorf <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src CHANGES
Date Mon, 09 Nov 1998 19:36:41 GMT
> I do not question the value of APACI for those who use it
> (I don't, at least not yet), but I'm annoyed that somehow
> it seems to be becoming the de facto build method when the
> group decision was made to *not* do autoconf as the
> default until 2.0.  Unless the *group* has silently adopted
> it as the default, I would prefer that we stick by our
> original decision.
> It's interesting to note that none of the APACI/autoconf
> stuff has been done in the apache-2.0 tree, where we agreed
> autoconf would be the Tao.

I am a big fan of autoconf'ing Apache.  However, this has very little to
do with APACI.  APACI is not autoconf.  APACI is a lookalike script which
mimics the configure script which autoconf generates.

This is not an argument either way.  Just clarifying that APACI does not
mean autoconf and as far as I am concerned none of this APACI stuff should
survive in the 2.0 tree.  It should be a real autoconf system.

View raw message