httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/main alloc.c
Date Fri, 06 Nov 1998 15:58:36 GMT

On 6 Nov 1998 rse@hyperreal.org wrote:

>   Fix internal handling of registered cleanups in alloc.c by making sure that
>   NULL-specified callback functions (we don't do this in the official set of
>   modules, but third-party modules do) for ap_register_cleanup() always mean the
>   dummy ap_null_cleanup() so we don't dump core later when running the cleanups.

If third party modules do this, they are broken.  The API requires the
parameters to be non-null.  This is not a new feature of 1.3, it's even
there in the 1.2 code, it's been there forever.  There's essentially no
reason we should expend the extra comparison and branch in the code just
to accomodate this.

Dean