httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/htdocs/manual suexec.html
Date Thu, 12 Nov 1998 20:13:28 GMT
On 12 Nov 1998 lars@hyperreal.org wrote:

>   +Here's where we begin the fun. If you use Apache 1.2 or prefer to configure
>   +Apache 1.3 with the "<CODE>src/Configure</CODE>" script you have to edit
>   +the suEXEC header file and install the binary in its proper location
>   +manually. This procedure is described in an
>   +<A HREF="suexec_1_2.html">extra document</A>.
>   +The following sections describe the configuration and installation
>   +for Apache 1.3 with the AutoConf-style interface (APACI).

[...]

I thought we already went through this.  No decision has been made to
say that the apaci interface is the recommended on or the one that
should be used, it was never presented in that way, and lumping the
documentation like this ("if you want to do things the old way, you
can go look at the old docs") is NOT consistent.