httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Harrie Hazewinkel <harrie.hazewin...@jrc.it>
Subject Re: scoreboard bug
Date Mon, 30 Nov 1998 17:44:40 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> After a graceful restart, the vhost pointer in requests belong to children
> of the previous generation is bogus... this is an unfortunate side-effect
> of the vhost name -> ptr change made recently.

I believe someone else mentioned this already a long time ago as well,
but that was with the old vhost name as a string in the scoreboard.
How was it fixed then??

> A solution that works for both on-disk and in-memory scoreboards is to
> record each child's generation in the scoreboard (when the child is
> created).  Then mod_status can skip the vhost field for any child whose
> generation is not the same as its own.

Could we not use the 'child_exit' function of the 'mod_status'
for this. Otherwise a check for each request is required
to see if the mod_status can skip the vhost field.

 mailto:harrie.hazewinkel@jrc.it       phone:+39+0332786322
 http://operations.ceo.org/~harrie/      fax:+39+0332785641
 postal: JRC of the E.C.  -       -  Ispra 21020 (VA) Italy