httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Christof Damian <dam...@mediaconsult.com>
Subject Re: Apache 1.3 and APACI: Points of view
Date Thu, 12 Nov 1998 09:46:57 GMT
Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

> > Here's my thought: Front end these utilities with RPM, the
> > RedHat package manager.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
>
> Yeah, duck!

;-)

Related to this: I think it might be useful to have at least a
"official" RPM for Apache on apache.org. The same goes for the common
modules (mod_ssl, mod_perl, mod_php* ). At the moment probably everybody
using a RPM based system has to find or create them himself.

If he gets one from redhat-contrib for example, the next upgrade might
be packaged from a different person, and all file location might have
changed. If you rely on the official redhat stuff you might wait long
for upgrades.

just a thought,
damian
--