httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src CHANGES
Date Tue, 10 Nov 1998 13:33:47 GMT
Martin Kraemer wrote:

> I have the feeling that the main concern of Ken and you (and mine and
> Marc's, in part) are the fact that the default paths are different
> from the "standard" locations (/usr/local/apache/{conf,logs,htdocs}).

I have three concerns; two technical and one philosophical.
The technical concerns are the divergence of the paths and
the divergence of support (ref. this suExec change that
only works if you use configure).  The philosophical
issue is about the change of 'direction.'

I'm most concerned about the technical issues.  ISTR the
path business was discussed madly with no change resulting,
but no resolution either.  But I'll need to review the
archives before I can comment intelligently on it anew.

#ken	P-)}