httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@watson.ibm.com
Subject Re: mod_rewrite, DSO, and AIX
Date Fri, 20 Nov 1998 12:55:48 GMT

If the problem is that you're finding the symbols in libc.a, rather
than in the Apache runtime, you can fix that by changing the order of
the link-line in the shared-library.

I had (have) this problem with a variant of the standard DNS resolver,
that I was using.  I built the library for this variant, but when
I linked it into a Perl XS, the Perl link-line put "-lc" before my
library.

So some of the functions, which had names identical to standard
resolver names, were linked against their libc versions, and not my
versions.

Reordering the link-line fixed the problem.

--chet--