httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject mod_rewrite, DSO, and AIX
Date Thu, 19 Nov 1998 20:43:38 GMT
Under AIX, it looks like we've confirmed that Apache 1.3.4-dev with
mod_rewrite compiled as a DSO fails to rewrite anything. With these
directives:

  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteLog logs/rewrite_log
  RewriteLogLevel 9
  RewriteRule ^/xFoo$ /xBar

mod_rewrite fails to recognize a match by "/xFoo" when compiled as a
DSO, but it succeeds when compiled statically. This was tested with
WANTHSREGEX on and off. My (and Ken's) gut instinct is that regex
calls are failing because the regex library is in the core, and that
the call across DSO boundaries is failing for some reason.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Rewrite logs are attached.

--
Manoj Kasichainula - manojk@raleigh.ibm.com
IBM Apache Development Team