httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: mod_ssl on NT?
Date Tue, 17 Nov 1998 10:51:12 GMT

In article <36502BD2.4838D345@marvin.sdstate.edu> you wrote:

> Maybe this one goes out to Ralph..

> I was wondering if anyone has info on an NT port of mod_ssl?  Although
> I'd love to run our server on a linux box, management says NT.  We're
> getting a digital ID and would like to be able to run it on the apache
> server instead of putting another(commercial) server on port 443 to
> handle https requests.

> Any help would be appreciated!

mod_ssl 2.1 has Win32 support since 2.1b7 and it works very well (although
it's some kind of a joke to run an SSL-aware webserver under Windows NT, but
that's a different issue - people want it, so we did it). The stuff will be
releases today as mod_ssl 2.1.0 in a few hours (source only, of course - no
binary distributions!). So, grab it and follow it's INSTALL.W32 document and
you have an SSL-aware Apache webserver running under Windows NT. But treat it
as _alpha_ state _forever_, please. Because I officially support only Unix
platforms. On Win32 you get the technical support in the source, but nothing
more. You're responsible yourself for anything else under the Win32
platform...
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com