httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@mch.sni.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src CHANGES
Date Mon, 16 Nov 1998 07:15:35 GMT
>   +	ap_log_error(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_NOERRNO|APLOG_NOTICE, NULL,
>   +		     "cannot use a full URL in a 401 ErrorDocument "
>   +		     "directive --- ignoring!");
>
>   +  *) Ignore a "ErrorDocument 401" directive with a full URL and write a
>   +     notice to the error log. It is not possible to send a 401 response
>   +     and a redirect at the same time.  [Lars Eilebrecht]

Hmmm.. There is (IMO) no "prior art" in ignoring incorrectly configured
directives: Since such a configuration error is detected in the first
pass of config file scanning already, I think it should be treated just
like any other configuration error:

Better return the error message string and let apache terminate
instead of continuing and hiding the error in some error log.

Just mho.

    Martin
--
<Martin.Kraemer@Mch.SNI.De>      |        Siemens Information and
Phone: +49-89-636-46021          |        Communication  Products