httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: failure notice
Date Tue, 10 Nov 1998 13:44:52 GMT

In article <36409AEB.F54DCE19@fumagalli.org> you wrote:

> In the last few days we spend a little time on java-apache-users mailing
> lists around a problem that came up when using mod_rewrite and mod_jserv
> together...

> This works...

>     ApJServMount /servlets ajpv11://localhost:18007/root
>     RewriteEngine on
>     RewriteRule /home /servlets/HPServlet [PT]

> This does not...

>     RewriteEngine on
>     RewriteRule /home /servlets/HPServlet [PT]
>     ApJServMount /servlets ajpv11://localhost:18007/root

> It's some sort of weird thing... In fact in the second case, only the
> rewrite rule does not work, while calling uri /servlets/HPServlet just
> works as predicted.

> Can someone put some light on it?

I've no experiences with mod_jserv and hence don't know what ApJServMount
exactly does and/or how it's implemented.  But the directive order in a
configuration file _here_ should not matter. Because both modules usually
configure private module structures with the information and under runtime
only the module-order (src/Configuration!) is important. So, unless you change
the module execution order the above two things should be identical.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com