httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src CHANGES
Date Tue, 10 Nov 1998 13:11:36 GMT

In article <19981110131226.A2765@deejai.mch.sni.de> you wrote:

>[...]
> I have the feeling that the main concern of Ken and you (and mine and
> Marc's, in part) are the fact that the default paths are different
> from the "standard" locations (/usr/local/apache/{conf,logs,htdocs}).
>[...]
> If that's all that is to it, why not ask for a fix of the locations?
>[...]

Yeah, although the layout follows the GNU standards it can be that some of
them are not useful. So be constructive and write down how exactly you want to
be changed. Then we can do something similar what desktops do with their
"themes". We provide some pre-configured layouts (GNU standard, Apache
standard, whatever) and then you can choose from them easily with one option.
OTOH you can already easily change mostly _all_ of the paths in APACI.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com