httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src CHANGES
Date Mon, 09 Nov 1998 20:01:50 GMT
In many people's minds, I think, I might be the loudest "autoconf
sucks" proponent ;)  I have nothing against autoconf per se. In fact,
when done correctly, it's a great advantage. When done "incorrectly"
it's a major pain and the end result is needing to hand-edit a
config.h file anyway, so what's the big advantage...

I do not know how to build an autoconf from scratch. I do, however, know
how to adjust them to work with strange systems. If 2.0 uses autoconf
then I plan on doing that.