httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Arentz <stefan.are...@soze.com>
Subject Re: ANN: mod_dav now available
Date Fri, 06 Nov 1998 12:08:27 GMT
On Fri, Nov 06, 1998 at 03:19:43AM -0800, Greg Stein wrote:
> Stefan Arentz wrote:
> >
> > Hi Greg,
> >
> > This is really good! I was just investigating WebDAV myself and had
> > almost started implementing it.
>
> Thanx. Guess I released just in time :-)

Yup. A bit off topic, but do you know of any web authoring tools that
are alreay WebDAV compliant? How did you test it yourself?

> > Modules like this one are the type of thing that will make Apache
> > really competitive with IIS.
>
> Yup. Although I'm motivated by the functionality rather than the
> competition. Keeping Apache at the top of the Netcraft survey doesn't
> hurt, though.... hehe

Yup. Functionality is more important, I totally agree, but regarding to
the Halloween document it would be nice to show the world what kind of
wonderfull software there already is available for Apache.

> If you're interested in it, then please give it a whirl. I'd be happy to
> hear your feedback.

Thanx, I'm going to install it this weekend and hack a bit with it.

 Take care,

    Stefan