httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src CHANGES
Date Mon, 09 Nov 1998 21:19:15 GMT

The new configure mechanism is just plain better we should cling
to that one fact.

I agree with Marc "various policy decisions being made there that have
not been discussed and I really don't think reflect what people want".

We should focus on the new mechanism.  Allow it to become the
dominate mechanism.  Let the old mechanism become a layer under
the new one (which of course it is already).  Leave the old mechanism
only for compatiblity and not attempt to keep to the two in synch.

That would allow us to focus on resolving the rough edges in those
"policy decisions".

The good news, I hope, is that resolving those is just "hill
climbing."   It doesn't require the leap of faith that Ralf
had to take to get to APACI in the first place.

 - ben