httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/main alloc.c
Date Fri, 06 Nov 1998 13:33:39 GMT

rse@hyperreal.org writes:
>rse         98/11/06 04:24:38
>  Submitted by: J.Kean Johnston <jkj@sco.com>
>  -    c->plain_cleanup = plain_cleanup;
>  -    c->child_cleanup = child_cleanup;
>  +    c->plain_cleanup = (plain_cleanup != NULL ? plain_cleanup : ap_null_cleanup);
>  +    c->child_cleanup = (child_cleanup != NULL ? child_cleanup :
ap_null_cleanup);

I don't believe that the args on alloc's API that are
of type "cleanup function" allowed to be NULL.
are never NULL in the standard code.  If we change that
then ap_kill_cleanup, and ap_run_cleanup ought to change too.

C, god bless her, is very sloppy about NULL.

   - ben

ps. A debug build assert? see ALLOC_DEBUG.