httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mark J Cox <>
Subject Re: mod_status and not displaying the password in request
Date Fri, 30 Oct 1998 13:38:15 GMT
> I'd really like to avoid Yet Another runtime directive that controls
> this, but I think this capability should be the default. After all,
> there is "lots" of sensitive data presented in the server-status
> display, and no one should really be allowing the world to see what's
> going on.

A long time ago I wrote an extension to mod_status so that you could
choose which columns you wanted to be displayed with a directive (in a
similar way to the custom logging directives).  I can't find it right now
but it wasn't difficult to implement and with the possibility of having
many more potential columns might be worth redoing.

On a similar note I changed the output of the status module for Stronghold
so that it looked nicer by using a table with some background colours and
font size changes.  I've attached an example of it (with lots of lines
removed to protect privacy :)).  I don't want to start a style-war but I'd
like to see it in the main Apache.

View raw message