httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Core server caching
Date Fri, 30 Oct 1998 00:36:24 GMT

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> I've heard this 'CGI can do anything directly that an SSI can do'
> waffle before.  While true, it's reinventing the wheel in the
> CGI.

Which is why I suggested php.

> So Dean may find it boring, but that doesn't necessarily make
> it so as an absolute.

I don't find it motivating enough an application -- I want other more
motivating "killer" applications if you will.  It's always worthwhile
looking at a desired feature that's going to take a lot of code to add
(filters, layered i/o) and ask "ok what will it really be used for?"

Dean