httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Removing ap_dummy_mutex from API
Date Fri, 02 Oct 1998 03:07:37 GMT

On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Ben Hyde wrote:

> 1. libab is dependent ap_log_error because of ap_slack.

In the past I've solved this by having a generic error routine, and a
function pointer to it... then using the function pointer in the
library... and overriding it in whatever apps want more control.

> 2. the stack/interrupt stuff is all in http_main.  Linker
>    doesn't like that since alloc wants to use ap_block_alarms.
>    In the longer term I don't like it since the stack/interrupt
>    stuff is really very low level and ought to be in it's own
>    file.

ap_block_alarms is gone in apache-nspr.  There's no interrupts, there's no
longjmp()s.  Say 'yay' :)

> 3. This silly ap_dummy_mutex thing.

This is gone too...

Dean