httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ed Korthof ...@bitmechanic.com>
Subject Re: Microsoft Windows NT Server Migration Lab (fwd)
Date Wed, 21 Oct 1998 18:57:23 GMT
I'd love to write up some copy providing business reasons for switching
from IIS to Apache on Unix -- not that it's a hard topic to cover. ;)

I found the "sample text" they provide (for mission statements) both
disturbing and amusing.  It's disturbing because it is such a blatant
attempt to provide M$ followers w/ boilerplate text to try to justify the
costs of moving to NT.  It's amusing because the only reasons I've seen
used -- in practice -- for switching to NT as a webserving platform amount
to this: "because our client|management demanded it (over our
objections)".

Ed, who found the piece on single IP which Marc posted a refrence to
("MS trashes itself") wildly amusing