httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: Exposed path in response code 500 messages
Date Thu, 15 Oct 1998 16:35:01 GMT
On Thu, 15 Oct 1998, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> > First, it shouldn't be an Options setting because they should go away.
>
> Not constructive.  Show me another way for a core directive
> setting to be made available in http_protocol without frobbing
> the key structures and requiring an MMN bump.  Options may

If you have to "frob the key structures" then tough, do it.  I'm not about
to go for shoving everything into one really big variable just because
someone may sometime want to change something that would require a MMN
bump.

> well be going away in 2.0, but they're still here for 1.3.
> In addition, using an Options keyword allows granularity setting --
> you can enable or disable the text for user directories, for instance,
> and not others.  I have a patch for this that I'll be submitting

FYI, that is a completely bogus argument since any other directive can do
the same thing.

I am strongly opposed to adding more settings to the Options directive
riht now.