httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-devsite how-to-release.html
Date Mon, 05 Oct 1998 16:45:42 GMT

On 5 Oct 1998 wrote:

>    <P>
>    <LI> Remember the CHANGES file:<BR>
>         <CODE><STRONG>$ cp apache_1.X.Y/src/CHANGES .</STRONG></CODE>

Seeing this reminds me:

For some unknown reason at some time, someone decided that they should
get rid of CHANGES in /dist/ and just have CHANGES_1.3.  This wasn't
discussed before being done, and I have no idea why it was done.  It means
that the current documentation is out of date, since it clearly indicates
that it should be called CHANGES.

One of those inconsistencies should be fixed.  Personally, the latest
CHANGES file has always been called CHANGES for a long time and I don't
see any reason to arbitrarily rename it.

View raw message