httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
Subject Re: Quick Q: 1.3.3: when to copy to apache/dist?
Date Fri, 09 Oct 1998 00:07:59 GMT
>Ooohh.. The how-to-release document tells me that I should copy
>the tarball 24 (?) hours before announcing. Does that mean that I copy
>httpd/dist/*1.3.3* to apache/dist/  *now* and do the announcement tomorrow?

Yes, I believe so.  A good measure is that we know it is better than
1.3.2 and it has already been approved for release by more than three
members, so it won't hurt to have people download it before the announcement
even if we did find something that would necessitate a quick 1.3.4.

BTW, the 24 hours is to give the mirrors a chance to grab it.

....Roy