httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sr...@lycos.com
Subject Re: Microsoft Windows NT Server Migration Lab (fwd)
Date Fri, 23 Oct 1998 03:18:39 GMT

I just had a chance to look at the document, particularly
the migration options... it would be interesting to take
the comparison of how to set various options in IIS4 and
switch the sense of the comparison, for example:

Feature        Apache  IIS 4.0
-------        ------  -------
UserDir          Yes      No    Apache allows server administrators
                                to designate a default directory for
                                ISP user HTTP directories.
AddDescription   Yes      No    Apache allows users to designate a
                                file description for display during
                                directory browsing.

I also noted that the IIS migration docs simply ignore any
features that Apache has, but IIS lacks... shouldn't suprise
me, I guess.

-Samrobb
-srobb@lycos.com

Ed Korthof <ed@bitmechanic.com> on 10/21/98 02:57:23 PM