httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Voglmaier, Reinhard Erich" <rv33...@GlaxoWellcome.co.uk>
Subject RE: Apache-1.3.3 tagged and rolled.
Date Fri, 09 Oct 1998 09:47:49 GMT
Ralf,

I tried to use the mod_cntr package. If You install this package, then
You must first copy the directory of the module in the ./src/modules
directory. ( so You have a directory cntr in the modules directory ).
Then run ./configure and at the end go into the src directory, add the
line "AddModule modules/cntr/mod-cntr.o to the Configuration.apaci file
and run ./Configure -file Configuration.apaci .

This is what happens:
ithp04:/d01/software/apache/apache_1.3.3/src =>./Configure -file
Configuration.apaci
Using config file: Configuration.apaci
Creating Makefile
 + configured for HP-UX 11 platform
 + setting C compiler to cc
 + setting C pre-processor to cc -E
 + checking for system header files
 + adding selected modules
    o dbm_auth_module uses ConfigStart/End
    o cntr_module uses ConfigStart/End
Neither Berkeley-DB/1.x nor Berkeley-DB/2.x library found.
Trying GDBM...
No DBM found.  Trying an ordinary DBM...
./Configure[1441]: ./helpers/helpers/find-dbm-lib:  not found.

The workaround: go in the helpers directory and make a symbolic link :
ln -s `pwd` helpers,
this helps.

cheers
Reinhard

BTW: If You are interested I could continue to send You the binary for
HP-UX 11. Note that this is a Server, not a Workstation. In about one
month I'll install HP-UX 11 on my workstation too, so I'll be able to
send You both versions. I' very sorry about non beeing able to come to
the apache conference, but for us guys in Europe it's not so easy to
find time and MONEY, is'nt it possible yo organize somewhat in Europe ?