httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Moenich <moen...@us.ibm.com>
Subject TPF port upcoming patches
Date Mon, 12 Oct 1998 16:29:21 GMT
Hi all

I'm submitting the patches this morning for the IBM/TPF (Transaction Processing
Facility) port.  The port is currently only for inetd mode and effects the
following files:

src/Configure
src/helpers/GuessOS
src/include/alloc.h
src/include/ap_config.h
src/include/scoreboard.h
src/main/buff.c
src/main/http_log.c
src/main/http_main.c
src/main/http_protocol.c
src/main/util.c
src/main/util_md5.c
src/main/util_script.c
src/main/util_uti.c

All modifications apply to Apache-1.3.  All patches are based upon
apache_1_3_19981012131212.tar.gz.

The TPF port differs from typical UNIX implementations in that it is not
compiled on the TPF platform.  It must be compiled on an EBCDIC based
mainframe.  For our testing purposes, we used an IBM S390 but it is not a
requirement to use a S390.  GuessOS checks for an environment variable to
determine if it should be configured for TPF.

The majority of modifications are TPF specific and have been #ifdef'd to
protoect other implementations.  As a general note, TPF uses the old style OS/2
select statements and a few function calls had to be type cast.  Otherwise,
there's no major changes to the original Apache code.

Install and Readme.html pages will be included in a separate directory under
src/os/tpf.  We hope to tie them into the Apache htdocs at a later time.  The
standalone port will be submitted later this month or in November.

Thanks!

Joe Moenich
moenich@us.ibm.com
303 773-5483