httpd-dev mailing list archives

From David McCreedy <mccre...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Apache-1.3.3 tagged and rolled.
Date Wed, 07 Oct 1998 22:37:15 GMT
This is my first note to apache.org...
I'm one of the people working to port Apache to IBM's TPF system.

Yesterday we pulled in the apache-1_3_19981006191216 tarball and ran through
some test cases, one of which now fails with a malloc error (due to trying to
malloc 384,000+ bytes).
I am trying to test the "denied" message by asking for a page from Navigator
that is only available to Explorer.
While it is probably only a problem with my code/system, I thought I would ask
if anyone tried the allow/deny while checking out the new tarball.

Below are the test case details.

Thanks,

David McCreedy
McCreedy@US.IBM.COM

I am requesting http://test.system.ip.address/explorer/  using Netscape
Navigator 4.04

"Forbidden" works if the file is merely chmod'd to deny access.
But when the allow/deny directives are used the following is logged:

[Wed Oct  7 16:17:18 1998] [error] [client 32.224.18.60] client denied by
server configuration: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/explorer
Ouch!  malloc failed in malloc_block()

     and I receive a pop-up box on Navigator stating that the "Document
contains no data".

My access.conf contains the following lines:

<Directory /usr/local/apache/htdocs/explorer>
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride Limit
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from env=explorer
</Directory>

Finally, I am running in inetd mode (as we are still working on standalone).

Does this or a similar test case work on your system (in either inetd or
standalone mode)?