httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: compile and run in same dir?
Date Thu, 22 Oct 1998 11:03:40 GMT
Tom Vaughan wrote:

> How do I go about doing a `make` and a `src/httpd -d .` in the Apache
> source tree? Is it as simple as creating the necessary config files in
> conf/? Or is there something else I might be missing? The documentation
> appears woefully out of date on this one:

Basically, for a new installation, if you want to use the canonical
1.3-and-earlier method:

# cd src
# cp Configuration.tmpl Configuration
[edit Configuration to set up CC, modules, et cetera]
# ./Configure
# make
# cd ../conf
# cp httpd.conf-dist httpd.conf
# cp srm.conf-dist srm.conf
# cp access.conf-dist access.conf
[edit httpd.conf, srm.conf, and access.conf to make them your own]
# cd ..
# src/httpd -d .

Of course, this means you're runninf your server in the
unpacked tree, rather than a separate production one,
but that's the basic sequence.

Ralf will doubtless follow this with the appropriate APACI
instructions as an alternative. :-)

#ken	P-)}