httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Exposed path in response code 500 messages
Date Wed, 14 Oct 1998 06:15:39 GMT
Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> What does everybody think of the bug reports complaining about path
> names exposed in code 500 responses?

After a discussion to-night, I think the simplest thing is to
provide some means to toggle the display.  Something along the
lines of a "DebugServerErrors On|Off", perhaps.  Unfortunately,
the relevant code is in http_protocol.c, which means accessing
a core directive is a trifle more difficult.  An "Options" keyword
would be easy to do, but then you get into granularity and
redirect snarls.  Some sort of flag in the server_rec would be
nigh perfect, but I don't think we have anything handy (haven't
looked yet).

#ken	P-)}

"Apache Server for Dummies" <http://WWW.Dummies.Com/