httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Harrie Hazewinkel <harrie.hazewin...@jrc.it>
Subject Re: PATCH scoreboard
Date Tue, 06 Oct 1998 07:46:40 GMT
HI,

Jim Jagielski wrote:

> I must have missed the beginning of this... What's the discussion?

OK, maybe I was not complete in the first message. I have changed the
vhost name in the scoreboard into a vhost number. My reasons for it
were:

1) To save space for the scoreboard.
2) It even could save some CPU-cycles. Now only a number has
	to be put in the scoreboard otherwise a longer string.
	The only drawback here is that reading the server-status
	it takes a few more CPU-cycles, to convert the number into
	the name again.
3) The SNMP-module implements a numbering scheme as well. Every
	vhost gets a number.

--
 mailto:harrie.hazewinkel@jrc.it       phone:+39+0332786322