httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Segmentation faults :(
Date Thu, 08 Oct 1998 14:32:51 GMT
At 09:45 AM 10/8/98 +0100, Doug Bloebaum wrote:
>Phew, finally got a core dump and this stack trace:
>
>#0  0x52e50 in ap_proxy_send_fb ()
>#1  0x514c4 in ap_proxy_http_handler ()
>#2  0x466d0 in mod_perl_set_opmask ()
>#3  0x899ac in ap_invoke_handler ()
>#4  0xa4010 in ap_some_auth_required ()
>#5  0xa4090 in ap_process_request ()
>#6  0x98f8c in ap_child_terminate ()
>#7  0x992e8 in ap_child_terminate ()
>#8  0x99828 in ap_child_terminate ()
>#9  0x99fb4 in ap_child_terminate ()
>#10 0x9a818 in main ()
>
>mod_perl certainly appears to be involved...

Except that there is no mod_perl code in the distribution that calls
mod_perl_set_opmask().  There's an xsub in Apache.xs so Perl code can call
$r->set_opmask(...), but it'll croak unless you've enabled the experimental
and undocumented opmask stuff.  I'd be really surprised if you have code
that's trying to use this stuff.  Can you compile with -g and get another
backtrace so we can see line numbers, etc.?

>By the way, to potentially save someone else the pain of figuring out
>how to get a core file from a setuid Apache httpd process in Solaris,
>without knowing which httpd child might be the one to die, here's what
>I ended up doing:

Can't you just use the CoreDumpDirectory directive?

-Doug