httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Quick Question: module structure initialization
Date Sat, 24 Oct 1998 10:31:17 GMT

Just a quick question:

Is it correct that ANSI C _guarantees_ C compilers initialize missing entries
(at the end) in structure initializations like our "module" structure to
0/NULL?

In other words: Is it safe when I add (inside the mod_ssl patch) two more hook
pointers to the "module" structure definition in http_config.h but the module
sources contain no explicit additional NULLs in their initialization of the
"module" structure?

I hope this is the case because else it would be not possible to extend the
set of hooks without requireing third party modules to change their structure,
too. But NULLs for the additional hooks are needed or the stuff would
segfault...
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com