httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: [rr@sco.com] UnixWare 7 patches for 1.3.3
Date Fri, 23 Oct 1998 07:25:44 GMT

In article <x767dg3476.fsf@montana.covalent.net> you wrote:

> --- ./src/helpers/find-dbm-lib	Mon Oct 12 10:07:08 1998
>[...]
>   		;;
> + 		*-unixware7)
> + 		DBM_LIB="-lgdbm"
> + 		LIBS="$LIBS $DBM_LIB"
> + 		LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -L/usr/local/lib"
> + 		INCLUDES="$INCLUDES -I/usr/local/include"
> + 		found_dbm=1
> + 		;;
>   	    *)
>   		if [ "X$DBM_LIB" != "X" ]; then
>   		    oldLIBS="$LIBS"

Ops, this looks incorrect to me. Because first is GDBM really compatible with
the NDBM interface and semantics?  And second: /usr/local? Looks not like a
standard location of UnixWare 7, isn't it? When this is the case it's the
users job to set INCLUDES and LDFLAGS himself or we have to test for hundrets
of locations where it _could_ be (just to try /usr/local is inconsistent).

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com