httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: sendfile API
Date Wed, 21 Oct 1998 14:41:42 GMT
On Tue, Oct 20, 1998 at 10:45:05PM -0700, Marc Slemko wrote:
>    The only limitation this API appears to have is that nbytes is a size_t,
> which is 32bits. Thus if you want to send less than the whole file, but more
> than 4GB, you must do it in 4GB or less chunks via multiple calls. I don't
> think this will be a serious problem, especially since most usage of
> sendfile(2) will likely be with nbytes=0 (send until EOF).

No big deal here, but what does an OS with > 4GB files use to indicate
sizes? Can we use that type instead?

What situation are we talking about here specifically? A particular OS
or a wrapper function? That might affect comment on the API call.

"Only reason I can't survive is if I'm dead or something" -- Mike Tyson