httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Life is hard, and then you die." <ron...@innovation.ch>
Subject which module phase to use?
Date Thu, 15 Oct 1998 23:33:28 GMT

  Hi,

delurking here a bit...

In the process of rewriting mod_digest to comply with the lastest
digest draft I ran into the problem of needing to be able read the
request headers for *every* request, no matter what the final outcome
of the request (assuming the request is syntactically reasonable, of
course).  Looking through the code the best I could find was to hook
into the filename-translation phase and make sure the module precedes
any other module which might abort the request. Is there any better
way? What about the fixup phase - is that always called (not matter
what the return code)?

A second question: what is the best way to find out what kind of
directive (<Location>, <Directory> or <Files>) is protecting a
resource (requiring authentication)? I can get a path in the
dir-config-creater, but I don't know whether that is a URI or a
filename.  I need to know because I need to send back a domain
attribute with Authorization-Info header which contains a URI
pointing to the root of a protected tree (if I can figure one out -
things like mod_rewrite of course can make that impossible).
Currently I'm prefix-matching the path received in the
dir-config-creater with the request-URI and if they match (apart
from just a leading "/") I'm assuming it came from a <Location>
directive.

  Cheers,

  Ronald