httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: Apache-1.3.3 tagged and rolled.
Date Fri, 09 Oct 1998 10:15:21 GMT

In article <6916FFB2A317D11192800060B057BC15CCD56C@it1msg01.italy.glaxo> you wrote:

> I tried to use the mod_cntr package. If You install this package, then
> You must first copy the directory of the module in the ./src/modules
> directory. ( so You have a directory cntr in the modules directory ).
> Then run ./configure and at the end go into the src directory, add the
> line "AddModule modules/cntr/mod-cntr.o to the Configuration.apaci file
> and run ./Configure -file Configuration.apaci .

Aahhhhh... mod_cntr, a non-standard module. Ok, I looked at it
and it's mod_cntr.module is broken - not our configuration mechanism:

|      :
|    echo "      - Cheking an ordinary DBM as last resort..."
|    . ./helpers/helpers/find-dbm-lib
|      :

The author should fix this (I wondering how it can work for him).

Second: You don't have to add any AddModule line manually to the
Configuration.apaci file. This is automatically done by the --activate-module
option you should use to activate the src/modules/cntr/ stuff.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com