httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: PATCH scoreboard
Date Tue, 06 Oct 1998 13:21:02 GMT
Harrie Hazewinkel wrote:
> Jim Jagielski wrote:
> >
> > But what about host-based vhosts? Having the IP address provides no
> > info at all :/  Or do you mean each vhost is given it's own unique
> > number (eg: vhost #1, vhost #2) and that this is CLEARLY defined in the
> > status printout? This means that somewhere there must be the map info
> > that goes from vhost # to vhost name.
> Correct, during the intialisation of the server-records I number
> them all in the some order as they are in the list.
> I am not sure what you understand of the map info, but you don't
> need to add anything to a configuration file. The numbering is
> only done internal of the server.

What I'm saying is that there must be some way that the person who
is looking at the status report knows, quite clearly, just which
server is vhost #1, #2, etc. So this info needs to be printed out
on the status page. So mod_status needs access to this data. Which
means that this mapping must be done and available to mod_status.
Anything else is bogus and I'd -1.
   Jim Jagielski   |||   |||