httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <>
Subject FIX: Apache proxy crashing under Win98
Date Mon, 05 Oct 1998 21:41:32 GMT

>From: (Shane Brooks)
>Subject: FIX: Apache proxy crashing under Win98
>Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 15:31:33 -0400

Using Apache 1.3.2, as a web proxy, the proxy module would often
crash when the browser stop button was pressed, or when swithing
to a new page before the first one had finished loading.  This
bug is listed in the official Apache bug database.  Apache stays
running, and spawns another proxy - so it isnt too bad.  The
proxy would crash several times per browing session.

Recently I needed to add the control parameter "Listen 593" to my
httpd.conf   so that I could access a secure newserver with
netscape on port 593, as well as having the default "port 80"

All crashes have ceased.  (yay!).  If I comment out the "Listen"
statement, then the crashes resume (about 1 for every 2 mins

I cant explain it - but this may help someone.

View raw message